Tuesday, October 13, 2009

PLN14

In the article "Rigor Redefined" by Tony Wagner what matters is that schools are not preparing students for the 21st century and what that will bring for them. This may not allow students to get jobs which will lead to a lot of students not being able to live anywhere. The way that students are being schooled is not all correct and it should be changed. I can relate to this because my English teacher wants to teach me very well so that i know everything that i can which i appreciate a lot. I hope that things will change and i will get a great education and succeed in life and have a great job.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Logan. One thing to realize is that schools are under a lot of pressure from society, who expect teachers to be able teach children absolutely everything they need to know. Teachers and schools try to do things to the best of their ability (for the most part..) but it can be difficult. Slowly things are changing though (in my opinion). More schools are incorporating new things, such as technology, into the classroom because they know it will be important in the future. I do agree with you in the sense that many teachers still have to change their ways, but I also think that society should also be trying to help these students succeed as well. Any ideas on how society could help?
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete